2021 Reimagine Read-A-thon
Print a 2021 Read-A-Thon Guide for more information
Watch our Read-A-Thon Kick-Off Celebration
Friday, January 22nd - Monday, February 1st.
Friday 1/22 - Virtual kick-off assembly
Monday 2/1- RAT ends
Friday 2/5 - Virtual awards ceremony
RAT will be 100% online, using Beanstack. You can access Beanstack through Clever under the Libraries header. Or you can visit https://mnpsjuliagreenes.beanstack.org/ and sign-in with your 190# and birthdate (MMDD).
Students are allowed to read hard-copies or digital books.
Book Cover Contest:
Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/1
RAT is fun, but also a major JG fundraiser! Please help your child find ‘sponsors’ for their reading! This can be family members, neighbors, co-workers, etc. It may be a grandmother who says, “I’ll donate $5 if you read 5 books (or 50 pages)!” We are encouraging donations to be made online this year, but will also accept cash or checks (dropped at the main office in a labeled bag, more info to come)!
Other Sponsorship Opportunities:
Badges & Club Levels
At the Awards Ceremony, names will be drawn from lottery based on Club Level. The more credits you get, the better your chance of winning the top prizes – so READ READ READ!
• Badge 1 = 10 books/100 min
• Badge 2 = 20 books/200 min
• Badge 3 = 30 books/300 min = entry into the WHITE CLUB raffle!
• Badge 4 = 40 books/400 min = free donut at Donut Den
• Badge 5 = 50 books/500 min = free ice-cream at McDonald’s
• Badge 6 = 60 books/600 min = entry into the GREEN CLUB raffle!
• Badge 7 = 70 books/700 min = free donut at Donut Den
• Badge 8 = 80 books/800 min = free round of mini golf at SOAR
• Badge 9 = 90 books/900 min = entry into the HORNET CLUB raffle!
These count as bonus books/min in your log!
When you complete an activity badge, you can record 5 books for K or 50 minutes for 1st-4th in your reading log to get credit!! If you complete all 5 activity badges, you will earn a bonus of 30 books or 300 minutes to your reading log!
1. Participate in the book cover contest (due 2/1).
(type *Book Cover* as title in reading log)
2. Write two book reviews in your reading log.
(type *Book Reviews* as title in reading log)
3. Find at least 5 people to donate money to encourage/sponsor your reading.
(type *5 Sponsors* as title in reading log)
4. Read to a grandparent or special friend.
(type *Read Aloud* as title in reading log)
5. Watch at least one Mystery Guest video
(type *Mystery Guest* as title in reading log)
6. Write a thank-you note to anyone who donates money, helps you read, or sends encouragement.
(type *Thank-you Note* as title in reading log)
Between Monday 1/25 and Friday 1/29, we will post a special video per day from a mystery guest addressed to Julia Green students. Be on the look-out for links to these videos through Beanstack each morning!
Prizes this year include gift bags from Magpies, Adventure passes for Soar, gift cards to Hey Sugar, virtual private chess lessons, and so much more! The more you read, the more you win!
Classroom & Participation Prizes:
Teamwork makes the dream work – so go encourage your classmates!
The class who reads the most books/minutes: 1 winner per grade
The class that brings in the most individual sponsors, regardless of value: 1 winner per grade
If everyone in your class gets to Hornet Club, each student in your class gets a prize.
If everyone in your class brings in 5 individual sponsors, regardless of value, each student in your class gets a prize.
Classroom prizes include: a new book for each student, bookmarks, pre-packaged Christie Cookies, toy figurines (Bakugan/Suprizamals/Squeezimals)
*note all totals will be calculated relative to the total number of students in the class
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors!
Jim Crossman, Class of 1955
Woodmont Investment Counsel, LLC
Proctor Marble and Granite
WR Newman & Associates, Inc.
Iroquois Capital Group
SunTrust now Truist
Womens Obstetrics and Gynecology
Anderson and Ditcharo Orthodontics
The Hutcheson Family
McNutt Pediatric Dentist
McInteer & O'Rear